The City is divided into zones for this program; each zone is picked up every other week.
The schedule for leaf collection is published in the Fall Special Edition of the Madeira newsletter, which may be found at MadeiraNews Newsletter in late September. Please remember that weather conditions and equipment availability may alter the schedule.
- Rake all leaves to the edge of the road. ONLY LEAVES, PLEASE!
- Stones and branches mixed with leaves can be dangerous to the crew and damage equipment.
- Do not put leaves in the streets.
- Keep the storm water drainage path clear at all times.
- Avoid parking your vehicle near the leaves. Equipment cannot access the leaves if a vehicle is obstructing the area.
- Be aware that dry leaf debris may be left behind by the equipment due to leaves filtering through the top screening of the equipment.
- Rainy weather slows the collection process.