Go To Search
Q: Where can I pay citations and bonds?
A:        Madeira Police Department 
            7141 Miami Ave. 
            Madeira, OH 45243.

Q: My power has gone out, who do I call?
A: The police department does not have any information concerning a power outage. If your power has gone out you should contact your power company. Duke Energy can be contacted by calling 1-800-543-5599 or via their website.

Q: I found a dog, can you come and get it?
A: We do not have a place to hold stray dogs or cats. If it is during the day on weekdays, we can contact the SPCA for stray dogs (they do not pick up cats but you can deliver the cat to them). If it is after hours or weekends and if you can hold the dog, we can have it picked up the next weekday morning. You may also take it to 11900 Conrey Road in Sharonville and put it in their drop off boxes. They also pickup 24 hours a day for sick or injured animals. This also includes cats and other wildlife. If you need more information, you may contact the SPCA at 513-541-6000.

Q: What can you do about my neighbor's dog barking or running loose?
A: We must witness the dog barking or running loose. If you have a complaint, call while the action is in progress, not after the dog has been tied up or has stopped barking.

Q: Can you tell me my court date? I missed my court date, what do I do?
A: You need to contact Madeira Mayor's Court at 513-272-4214.

Q: How do I get a copy of a police report or get a record check?
A: Call or stop in to Police Department (basement floor of municipal building) to pick up a police report or check a record. You can normally obtain records Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.

Q: What time is curfew?
A: Under the age of 18: Sunday through and including Thursday from 12 midnight- 6 a.m. of the following day and on Friday and Saturday between the hours of 1 a.m. and 6 a.m. of the following day. All curfew times do not apply to minors who are with their parent, guardian, or other adult person having the care and custody of the minor. Curfew times can be found in the Codified Ordinances of Madeira, 139.20 Curfew for Minors.

Q: What do I do if a police officer turns on his lights and siren to stop me?
A: You should immediately pull to the edge of the roadway and place your vehicle in park. Always remain inside your vehicle unless instructed to exit your vehicle. It is very important that you place your hands in plain view of the officer; this is to ensure the safety of our officers and the citizens that we have contacted. This is a very stressful incident for both the citizen and the officer and we will do everything possible to get you back on your way.

Q: What can I do about speeding in my neighborhood?
A: The Madeira Police Department invites requests for traffic enforcement, especially in residential areas. Simply call the non-emergency telephone number 513-272-4214 and report the problem. Once a complaint is received, officers are notified and assigned to monitor speeds in the affected area.

Q: I received a traffic citation what can I do about it?
A: Once a citation is written it is forwarded to the Madeira Clerk of Courts the next business day. You can either pay the waiver amount on the back of the citation, or if you wish to contest the citation you will need to appear in court on the time and date listed on the bottom of the citation.

Q: When I call 911 for emergency assistance, who answers the phone?
A: The police dispatcher answers all 911 phone calls. Once the type of emergency is determined it is transferred to the appropriate agency, i.e., Fire or EMS.

Q: How can I assist the police or other emergency response units locating my residence quickly?
A: Have your address displayed in a location easily observed from the street. An address displays by the front door near or by an outside light (or reflective lettering) makes it easier for responding personnel to locate the address in day and night conditions. Also, during an emergency have someone stand by the street if possible to flag down the responding personnel and to provide additional information.

The Madeira & Indian Hill Joint Fire District has started a non-profit community service campaign to offer address signs to the residents of Madeira.

Q: If my driver's license is expired, how long do I have to renew it?
A: You have six months to renew your license before you have to re-take the driving test in the State of Ohio. However, there is no grace period for driving on an expired license. Your driver's license expires every four years on your birthday.